Mushroom, spinach, kale and sweet potato pie
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 500g closed cup mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 250ml vegetable stock
- 300g cooked sweet potatoes, cut into chunks
- 2 tbsp light crème fraîche
- 250g spinach, wilted
- 100g kale, cooked
- 150g feta cheese, cubed
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 sheets filo pastry
- Heat oven to 200C/Gas 6.
- Heat half the oil in a large non-stick pan and fry mushrooms on a high heat for about 5 mins until golden.
- Add garlic and fry for a further minute, add the stock and sweet potatoes.
- Simmer for a few minutes until reduced.
- Season, then remove from the heat, stir in crème fraîche, spinach and kale.
- Pour into a pie dish and top with the cubed feta.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes. Brush each sheet of filo with the remaining oil, quarter the sheets then loosely scrunch up and lay on top of pie filling.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 20-25 mins until golden.
- Serve with green vegetables such as steamed broccoli and green beans.