Garlic chilli mushrooms
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 shallots or ½ onion, sliced thinly
- ½ banana chilli, sliced, or ½ tsp chilli flakes
- 150g cremini/Swiss brown mushrooms, sliced
- 200g oyster mushrooms, halved or cut into thirds depending on size
- 20g butter
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest
- 100g enoki mushrooms
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat a large frying pan over a high heat (it’s important the pan is hot before you start so that the mushrooms grill rather than stew).
- Add olive oil, shallots, chilli, brown and oyster mushrooms.
- Cook over a medium/high heat for 10 mins, stirring a few times and adding half the butter after 5 mins.
- After 10 mins, add the lemon zest, the remaining butter, enoki mushrooms and garlic – free up a space in the middle of the pan for the enoki mushrooms so they can brown slightly.
- Season with salt and add the lemon juice.
- Cook for 3-4 mins, stirring a couple of times.
- If it looks like the mushrooms haven’t browned enough, turn up the heat for the final minute or two.