Barbecue lamb flatbreads
- 6 skewers
- 600g lamb leg steaks in bite-sized pieces
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 6 shallots, peeled and quartered
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- To serve:
- 6 flatbreads, wraps or pitta bread
- 200g tub tzatziki
- sliced tomato and cucumber
- If you are using wooden skewers, soak in water for 30 mins before using.
- Put the lamb in a bowl and mix with the olive oil, lemon zest and juice, garlic and oregano.
- Season with salt and pepper, stir well, cover with cling film and refrigerate for min 2 hours.
- Thread lamb and shallot quarters onto the skewers and grill on a very hot barbecue for 8-9 mins, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile, wrap flatbreads or pittas in foil and warm on the grill.
- To serve, put the meat and onions on the centre of each flatbread or inside each pitta.
- Top with tzatziki, cucumber and tomato.