Author: El Paso, Jesmond
- 2 white onions
- 6 garlic cloves
- 10 eggs
- freshly ground black pepper
- 120ml double cream
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 40-60g goats’ cheese
- Preheat your oven to 160C/Gas2.
- Sweat the onions and garlic in a pan with a little butter until caramelised.
- Crack the eggs into a mixing bowl, season with a tiny pinch of sea salt and black pepper then whisk together.
- Continue whisking while adding the cream slowly.
- In a big pan, create a layer of potato then add a layer of onions, garlic and goats’ cheese before pouring over some of the egg mixture.
- Repeat until you make about four layers (this will depend on the size of your pan).
- Cook in the oven for approx. 45 mins (the cream will lightly brown and look set when it’s cooked).