Super-food Buddha bowl
- 240g tin chickpeas, drained
- 120g broccoli
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- sea salt
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- medium bag mixed salad
- juice ½ lemon
- 2 tbsp tahini
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- freshly ground black pepper
- leaves from 4 stalks parsley
- Peheat your oven to 200C/Gas 6.
- Drain the chickpeas and spread them over a large oven tray.
- Divide the broccoli into small florets and toss them onto the same tray, then drizzle with sesame oil and sprinkle with cayenne and a good pinch of salt.
- Shake the pan to coat everything and place in the oven to roast for 15 mins.
- While it’s in the oven, divide the carrot and salad leaves between two bowls.
- Then, to make the dressing, mix together the lemon juice, tahini, garlic powder and enough water to make a drizzling consistency.
- Stir in the sesame seeds and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Once the chickpeas and broccoli are toasty, pile them into the bowls with the leaves and carrot, then drizzle over the dressing adding some parsley leaves as you go.