Prawn buckwheat noodles with soy and ginger shallots
- 12 small shallots, peeled halved
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2.5cm piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 red chilli, seeded and finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 250g shelled large raw prawns
- 250g spring greens, trimmed and shredded
- 200g buckwheat noodles, cooked according to the instructions on the packet
- Put the shallots in a small, non-metallic bowl with the soy sauce and ginger. Cover and set aside to marinate for 20 minutes. Drain, reserving the marinade.
- Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan and add the shallots. Stir fry for 3 mins, until starting to turn golden.
- Add the chilli and garlic, and stir fry for 1 min, then add the prawns and stir fry for another 2 mins, until they have turned pink.
- Add the spring greens to the pan and stir fry for 2 mins, until just tender. Pour in the reserved marinade and simmer for 30 seconds. Add the cooked noodles to the pan and mix well. Serve straight away.