Shallot, sweet potato and halloumi burgers
- 400g echalion shallots, peeled and halved
- 250g pack halloumi, sliced into 8
- 1 large or 2 small sweet potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- Handful fresh mint leaves, chopped
- Zest 1 lime, grated
- Juice ½ lime
- Olive oil to drizzle
- 1 large ripe avocado, skinned, de-stoned and chopped
- 2 tbsp double cream
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- Small handful fresh coriander, chopped
- A squeeze of lime
- Salt and pepper
- 4 burger buns
- A little gem, leaves separated
- Tomato chilli jam
- Put the shallots, halloumi and sweet potato in a mixing bowl with the chilli, mint, lime zest and juice and tablespoon of olive oil.
- Mash the avocado with the cream, vinegar, coriander and lime and season.
- Heat a barbecue or griddle pan, then cook the sweet potato and shallots for 5 mins on each side or until charred and tender. Cook the halloumi for 1 min on each side or until charred.
- Halve and toast the burger buns.
- Spread the mashed avocado onto the toasted bun bases, add a couple of little gem leaves then top with the shallots, halloumi and sweet potato. Pop the top of the bun on and serve with tomato chilli jam.