- 40 mint leaves
- 2 limes
- 16 tbsp white rum
- soda water
- mint leaves and cranberries to serve
- Cranberry syrup:
- 500g cranberries
- 300g sugar
- 250ml water
- Put the cranberries, sugar and water into a saucepan, bring to a simmer and allow to bubble for 10 mins until the sugar has dissolved and the berries burst.
- Leave to cool, allowing the cranberries to steep for a few hours or overnight.
- Strain the mixture into a jug, pushing it through the sieve with the back of a spoon, to make a syrup.
- To make the mojitos, put 10 mint leaves in each of four glasses and add the juice of half a lime each, then mix and crush with the handle of a wooden spoon.
- Add 4 tbsp white rum per glass, 4 tbsp of the syrup, and the ice and stir well or shake together in a cocktail mixer.
- Top up with soda water and add a sprig of mint and a few cranberries to serve.
- Use white rum for a classic Mojito flavour or spiced rum for a richer Christmassy taste.