Roast butternut squash soup
- 1 large butternut squash, halved lengthwise and de-seeded
- 1 tbsp olive oil + 1 tbsp
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 800ml vegetable stock
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- salt and black pepper
- 4 tbsp crème fraîche, plus more to serve
- Preheat oven to 200C/Gas 6.
- Brush the flesh side of each half with olive oil, place flesh side down on a lined baking tray, and roast until tender (approx. 40 mins).
- Use a spoon to scoop the flesh into a bowl and discard the skin.
- Meanwhile, heat butter and 1 tbsp olive oil in a large heavy-bottomed pan over a low heat, add onions and gently sweat for 15 mins or until softened but not colouring.
- Add garlic and cook for a further minute.
- Add squash, stock, 4 tbsp crème fraîche, paprika and nutmeg, season, cover and leave on a low heat for a further 10 mins.
- Whizz with a stick blender until smooth and serve in bowls with crème fraîche.