- 320g shortcrust pastry
- 4 tbsp golden syrup
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- 15g butter
- 1 tbsp single cream
- 1 egg, beaten
- Roll out the pastry and line a 20cm springform flan tin. Prick the bottom of the pastry with a fork.
- Warm the syrup with the lemon zest. Cut butter into small pieces and stir into the syrup.
- Beat the cream and egg together and blend into the syrup. Pour into the flan case.
- Bake at 180C/Gas 4 for 40 mins or until the pastry is crisp and the filling is set. Serve hot with whipped cream.