Creamy rice pudding
- butter for greasing
- 85g pudding rice
- 1 tbsp light muscovado sugar
- 2 tsp golden caster sugar
- ½ vanilla pod, seeds
- 700ml milk, plus 50ml
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon + a little to garnish
- 3 tbsp crème fraîche
- Preheat oven to 150C/Gas 2 and butter a 1.2 litre ovenproof dish.
- Place the rice and both sugars in a saucepan. Slit the vanilla pod lengthways and scrape the seeds into the pan. Stir in the milk and place over a low heat. Warm to a simmer, stirring to dissolve the sugar (do not allow to boil).
- Remove from the heat, pour into the prepared dish and bake at 150C/Gas 2 for 30 mins. Remove and stir, then put back in the oven for another 30 mins. Remove and stir again and put back in the oven for another 30 mins until the rice is cooked.
- Take out of the oven and stir in the crème fraîche. Serve with a little ground cinnamon.