Steak ribeye with chimichurri
Author: El Paso, Jesmond
- 110ml red wine vinegar
- pinch salt
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 handful of flat parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 165ml extra virgin olive oil
- 300g ribeye steak
- For the chimichurri, combine vinegar, salt, garlic, shallots and chilli in a bowl and leave to stand for 10 mins.
- Stir in the parsley and oregano and then, using a fork, whisk in the oil.
- For the steak, add a drizzle of oil to a griddle pan on a fairly high heat until smoking.
- Add the steak and cook for approximately 2 mins on each side for rare and 3½ mins for medium.
- Remove from the pan and rest for as long as the steaks have been cooking.
- To serve, slice steak and top with the chimichurri.