Nutty sprouts & pancetta
- 500g sprouts, trimmed
- oil for frying
- 150g pancetta lardons
- 200g cooked chestnuts, in small chunks
- 1 tbsp light muscovado sugar
- crushed walnuts
- shredded sage leaves
- Lightly boil the sprouts for 3-5 mins, drain and tip into iced water to cool quickly.
- Drain and set aside. Sauté pancetta in hot oil until crisp, remove from pan and set aside, keeping warm.
- Add the chestnuts and sugar to the pan and stir fry for 5 mins (add more oil if needed). add sprouts, walnuts and pancetta and stir fry for 2-3 mins.
- Add sage and serve.