At Blagdon, we love the more obscure cuts and enjoy giving them a new, and in this case seasonal, twist. Flank steak is perfect for grilling and this simple marinade really brings out its best…
- 1kg flank steak
- 3 cloves smoked garlic, crushed
- 120ml olive oil
- 60ml soy sauce
- 75ml red wine vinegar
- ½ tsp cracked black pepper
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1½ tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ lemon, squeezed
- For the wedges:
- 2kg floury potatoes, cut into wedges with skin on
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- handful chopped rosemary
- 2 tbsp sea salt
- Mix the garlic, oil, soy sauce, vinegar. pepper, mustard Worcestershire Sauce and lemon in a bowl and add the steak.
- Put in the fridge to marinate for at least 6 hours.
- Once marinated, cook steak on a grill or BBQ as desired.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C/Gas 6.
- Place the potato wedges in a bowl with the oil, salt and rosemary and mix to coat the potato.
- Roast in oven for 30 mins.
Simon Osborne is a master butcher at the award-winning Blagdon Farm Shop in Northumberland. In 2018 he was crowned the inaugural National Game Champion for his work sourcing and promoting game.
Blagdon Farm Shop, Milkhope, Berwick Hill Road, Blagdon, NE13 6DA, tel 01670 789 924, www.theblagdonfarmshop.co.uk