Isle of Wight tomato shakshuka
Author: Isle of Wight Tomatoes
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 onion, chopped
- 2 red chilli, finely chopped
- 2 crushed garlic clove
- 2 large beef tomato (approx. 300g) chopped
- 2 handful Piccolo tomatoes, whole
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- salt & pepper
- pinch sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp breadcrumbs
- fresh coriander to serve
- Heat oven to 190C/Gas 5.
- Heat olive oil in an ovenproof frying pan, add onion and sweat until softened.
- Add chillies and garlic and cook for 1 min.
- Add chopped tomato and Piccolo tomatoes, cook for 15-20 mins.
- Add red wine vinegar, salt, pepper and a pinch of sugar.
- Make 4 wells, crack in 4 eggs, sprinkle over the breadcrumbs and bake for 6-8 mins.
- Scatter with fresh coriander leaves and serve.