Drop scones with raspberry compote
- 150g raspberries
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- Drop scones:
- 125g self-raising flour
- 25g caster sugar
- 1 medium egg, beaten
- 150ml milk
- vegetable oil, to grease pan
- fresh raspberries dusted with icing sugar to serve
- To make the compote, put raspberries in a pan with 2 tbsp water and the sugar, bring to the boil and simmer for 3 mins.
- Set aside.
- For the pancakes, sift flour and sugar into a bowl and make a well in the centre.
- Add egg and half the milk.
- Mix together, then slowly stir in the remaining milk to make a smooth, thick batter.
- Heat a large frying pan until hot. Brush lightly with oil.
- Spoon in 1 tbsp batter at a time to form pancakes.
- Cook in batches over a medium heat for 2 mins on one side until bubbles appear on the surface.
- Flip and cook on the other side until golden and puffed up.
- Cover with a tea towel to keep warm while you use up all the mixture.
- Serve warm with compote and raspberries dusted with a little icing sugar.