Cauliflower asparagus pizza
- 750g cauliflower florets
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 75g ground almonds
- 3 tbsp ground chia seeds
- sea salt and fresh black pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 courgette, finely sliced
- 12 asparagus spears, trimmed
- 2 tbsp pesto
- 2 tbsp passata
- 1 small red onion, finely sliced
- fresh basil leaves to garnish
- Heat oven to 200C/Gas 6. Whiz the cauliflower in a food processor until it’s like rice, then microwave in a bowl covered with clingfilm until softened. Set aside to cool. Tip into a clean tea towel, scrunch into a ball and squeeze out as much liquid as you can. Mix the cauliflower in a bowl with the garlic, ground almonds, and chia seeds, season and combine.
- Stir in enough of the egg for a firm consistency.
- Spoon the cauliflower mixture onto a large greased and lined baking tray and spread it into a 30cm circle, a little thicker at the edges to make a crust. Bake for 15mins-20mins until golden brown and crisping at the edges, then set aside to cool a little.
- Meanwhile, heat a little oil in a griddle pan and add the courgette slices in batches to sear on both sides. Remove and set aside, and do the same with the asparagus, then soften the onion a little in the same pan and set aside.
- To assemble the ‘pizza’, spread a thin layer of passata over the cauliflower base, arrange the onion on top, some pesto, then the courgette and finally the asparagus. Put back in the oven for 10-12 mins. Serve with a scattering of basil leaves.