British asparagus spring pasta
Author: British Asparagus
- 400g British asparagus
- 170g frozen peas
- 350g pappardelle pasta
- 2 knobs butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 echalions, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 200ml crème fraîche
- handful chopped mint
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- parmesan, grated
- Trim the ends off the asparagus and chop into 2-3cm pieces.
- Bring a pan of water to the boil, blanch the asparagus and the peas for 2-3 mins and plunge immediately into a bowl of ice-cold water.
- Keep the pan of water on the hob and add the pasta, cooking it according to pack instructions.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a frying pan, add the olive oil, shallots and garlic, and gently fry for 5 mins until soft.
- Add the crème fraîche and stir to gently warm it through, making sure it doesn’t split.
- Add the fresh chopped mint, asparagus and peas to the pan and stir through, adding a little pasta water to loosen the sauce if necessary.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain well and add to the sauce.
- Season and serve with freshly grated parmesan, a sprinkle of fresh mint and a drizzle of olive oil.