Baked apples with raisins, walnuts, cinnamon and honey
- 4 large eating apples
- 80g raisins
- 80g chopped walnuts + 1 tbsp
- 2 tbsp light muscovado sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- honey to drizzle
- 2 tsp demerara sugar
- Preheat oven to 200C/Gas 6.
- Cut a sliver off the base of each apple so it stands securely, cut the top fifth off each, and core.
- Mix raisins, 80g walnuts, muscovado sugar and cinnamon together.
- Stand the apples in a baking tin and fill each centre with the mixture.
- Top each with a blob of butter and its ‘lid’ and bake for 20 mins until cooked through.
- Drizzle with honey, a few chopped walnuts and demerara sugar and serve warm with vanilla ice cream.