Author: Hexham Abbey - Bread (etc.) of Heaven: 100 Home Recipes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 large cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 400g seasonal vegetables
- (e.g., aubergine, squash, parsnip,
- carrot, pepper) chopped into 2cm chunks
- 75g dried apricots, chopped
- 1 tsp saffron
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tbsp harissa paste (adjust to taste)
- 1 strip lemon peel
- 1 large carton passata
- 1 large tbsp clear honey
- salt to taste
- Heat oil in a large pan over a medium heat, add onions and cook until turning golden.
- Add garlic, cumin, cinnamon and ginger, continue to cook for 2 mins.
- Add vegetables and cook, stirring, until beginning to soften.
- Add remainder of ingredients, bring to the boil and simmer over a gentle heat for 15-20 mins until vegetables are tender.
- Remove lemon strip and cinnamon stick, and serve with couscous, yoghurt (or plant-based alternative for vegans) and flatbread.