Twice-baked cheese soufflé
- melted butter to line moulds
- grated parmesan to line moulds
- 150g flour
- 150g butter
- pinch mustard powder
- 900ml milk
- 200g cheddar cheese, grated
- 300g gruyère cheese, grated
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 12 eggs, separated
- Preheat over to 135C/Gas ½.
- Line moulds with melted butter and grated parmesan and put in the fridge to set.
- In a small saucepan, combine flour, butter and mustard powder to make a roux.
- Cook out then add milk and grated cheese.
- Season and remove from heat.
- In a separate bowl, whisk egg whites until they form stiff peaks.
- Add yolks to the mixture and stir.
- Fold in egg whites.
- Place mixture in moulds and bake in a bain-marie for 35 mins or until the tops of the soufflés start to crack.