Roast grouse, peach and feta salad
- 150g marinated feta in oil, garlic and thyme (retain oil)
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 2 tbsp tarragon vinegar
- 2 tbsp peach juice
- salt and ground black pepper
- 2 young grouse crowns
- 50ml vegetable oil
- 50ml butter
- 1 sprig thyme
- 1 clove garlic
- 100g mixed baby leaves
- 4 small peaches, stoned, cut into wedges and lightly seared
- 50g red pear cherry tomatoes
- pickled shallot rings to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 180C/Gas 4.
- In a small bowl, combine 2 tbsp of the oil from the marinated feta with rapeseed oil, tarragon vinegar and peach juice to make a vinaigrette.
- Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Season grouse inside and out. Heat oil in a pan and when hot add grouse breast-side down, sealing on all sides until golden.
- Add butter, thyme and garlic and baste meat.
- Place in the oven for 10 mins.
- Remove from oven and leave to rest for 8 mins.
- Put the salad leaves, peaches and tomatoes in a large bowl, dress with the vinaigrette and arrange on large serving plate.
- Once the grouse has cooled enough to handle, remove meat from the bone, slice and place on top of the salad.
- Crumble over feta and some pickled shallot rings if available, lightly season, drizzle over more dressing and serve.