Smoked salmon carpaccio with watercress, beetroot and horseradish
Author: The Watercress Company
- 4 radishes
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 purple beetroot
- 1 candy beetroot
- 1 golden beetroot
- 100ml double cream
- 1 tbsp strong horseradish cream
- sea salt and black pepper
- 400g smoked salmon
- ½ tbsp capers
- good handful watercress
- extra virgin olive oil
- Thinly slice the radishes, put in a bowl with the white wine vinegar, leave for 30 mins then remove and drain on kitchen paper.
- Peel the beetroot and slice as thinly as possible.
- Put in a bowl of ice water to preserve freshness and colour until you are ready to use.
- Lightly whip the double cream, then fold in the horseradish and add a pinch of salt.
- Lay the smoked salmon on four starter plates in a rectangle.
- Arrange a few slices of radish and beetroot on the plates, then scatter over the capers.
- Use two teaspoons to shape the horseradish cream into quenelles, then add 3 to each plate, placed randomly.
- Finally scatter over some watercress, drizzle with olive oil and finish with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.