- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 red chilli, finely chopped
- 2 crushed garlic clove
- 2 large beef tomatoes, chopped
- 2 handful Piccolo tomatoes, whole
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
- pinch sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp breadcrumbs
- fresh coriander to serve
- Heat your oven to 190C/Gas 5.
- Warm the olive oil in an ovenproof frying pan over a medium heat, add the onion and sauté gently until softened (not colouring).
- Add the chillies and garlic, and cook gently for another
- -2 mins. Add the chopped tomatoes and cook for a further
- -20 mins.
- Add the red wine vinegar, salt, pepper and a pinch of sugar. Make 4 wells in the mixture, carefully crack an egg into each, sprinkle over the breadcrumbs, place in the oven and bake for 6-8 mins.
- Serve scattered with fresh coriander.