- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 6 spring onions, finely sliced
- 150g watercress
- 150g hot smoked salmon
- zest of half a lemon
- ¼ tsp dried chilli flakes (optional)
- 10 eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 tbsp crème fraîche
- 25g feta cheese, thinly sliced
- Preheat the grill. Warm the olive oil in a frying pan with an ovenproof handle and sauté the spring onions over a gentle heat for a few minutes until soft. Add the watercress and stir gently until the watercress begins to wilt.
- Remove the skin from the hot smoked salmon and flake it in pieces into the pan. Add the lemon zest and dried chilli.
- Break the eggs into a bowl and season generously with salt, black pepper and a pinch of nutmeg. Add the crème fraîche and whisk until combined. Add to the pan and cook over a gentle heat, moving the mixture around with a spatula every now and then until the bottom is set and the top still wobbly. Scatter over the feta cheese, pop under the grill for another 2-3 mins to finish the top, remove from the grill and serve.