Roast Jersey Royal new potatoes with feta, harissa yoghurt and toasted almonds
Author: Thomasina Miers for jerseyroyals.co.uk
- 1kg Jersey Royal New Potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 3 cm pieces
- 200g feta
- 1 lemon, cut into 8 segments
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp fresh oregano leaves (or rosemary if you can’t find oregano)
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- 400g green beans
- 80g blanched almonds
- A large bunch of parsley, leaves picked
- For the harissa:
- 2-4 red chillies to taste
- 2 tsp cumin seeds, toasted
- 1 cooked red pepper from a jar
- 1 garlic clove
- 75ml extra virgin olive oil plus 1-2 tbsp for dressing
- For the tahini yoghurt:
- 4 tbsp tahini
- 100g natural yoghurt
- Heat the oven to 200C/fan180C/Gas 6.
- Toss the Jersey Royal New Potatoes in a large roasting tray with chunks of the feta, the cut lemon, olive oil, herbs and chilli. Season well with salt and pepper and roast for 25 mins.
- Toss through the beans and roast for a further 10-15 mins until the Jersey Royal New Potatoes are golden and the feta is crisping.
- While the Jersey Royal New Potatoes are cooking put a dry frying pan over a high heat and dry roast the chillies for 7-8 mins turning from time to time, until they are blackened all over. Remove the chillies and add the cumin seeds, toasting for 20-30 secs until smelling fragrant.
- Grind the cumin seeds and add to the blender with the chillies, red pepper and garlic, blending until smooth. Add the olive oil and pulse again. Season to taste, adding a pinch of brown sugar if you think it is needed.
- Stir the tahini into the yoghurt in a serving bowl, then swirl through the harissa (optional).
- Remove the Jersey Royal New Potatoes from the oven when they are cooked and turn the oven down to 130C. Add the almonds and toast for 5-10 minutes until a pale golden. Remove and roughly chop.
- Toss the parsley into the Jersey Royal New Potatoes and empty them out onto a warm serving plate.
- Scatter with the almonds and a few extra leaves of parsley and dollop on the harissa yoghurt. If you prefer a milder harissa use less chillies or remove the seeds after roasting.
- Serve at once.