- 100g butter, softened
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh chives, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 600g piece ribeye steak, approx 5cm thick
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp good quality mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Put the softened butter in a bowl, add the herbs and crushed garlic and mix until well combined.
- Wrap the butter in cling film and roll tightly into a barrel shape.
- Chill in the fridge for 30 mins, or freeze for 10 mins so that it’s cold enough to slice.
- Season the steak on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Lay in a skillet (without oil) and sear, undisturbed, for 5 mins each side (medium).
- Remove steak and allow to rest on a warm plate tightly covered in foil.
- While steak is resting, prepare the aioli by mixing together the mayonnaise with crushed garlic.
- Serve the steak with herb butter melting on top, accompanied by chips, watercress and aioli.