- 1 head cauliflower
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander
- Preheat the oven to 190C/Gas 5.
- Slice through the thickest part of the cauliflower to create 4 steaks each about 2cm (serve the remainder later with salad or blitz in a food processor to make cauli cous cous).
- Whisk the olive oil, lemon juice, spices and garlic in a jug.
- Lay the steaks on a lightly greased baking tray and brush with half the spice mix.
- Sprinkle over half the red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
- Place in the oven for 15 mins, then remove and carefully turn each steak over, brush with more spice mix, sprinkle with red pepper flakes, salt and pepper, and return to the oven for another 15 mins.
- Scatter over coriander leaves and serve with green beans and cous cous.