Pea and cashew soup
- 1 tbsp olive oil + 1 tbsp butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ leek, chopped
- 1 stick celery, chopped
- 450g fresh or frozen peas
- 50g cashew nuts
- 700ml vegetable stock
- 1-2 tbsp lemon juice (to your taste)
- salt and pepper to taste
- baby pea shoots/ herbs to serve
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a medium saucepan and sauté the onions and garlic until softened.
- Add the chopped leek and celery and cook for a further 10 mins.
- Stir in peas and cashews, add stock and lemon juice.
- Season with salt and pepper and simmer for 15 mins or so until softened.
- Use a stick blender to whiz smooth.
- Ladle into bowls and top with baby pea shoots, fresh mint and parsley.