Oven-baked courgette frittata
- 2 courgettes, thinly sliced
- 2 thick slices white bread, crusts removed and soaked in milk
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- I clove garlic
- 1 tbsp fresh mint, torn
- 1 tbsp flat leaf parsley, torn
- 8 large eggs
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp baking powder
- lemon juice to serve
- Sprinkle courgette slices with a little salt and set aside for 15 mins to draw out the water.
- Pat dry with kitchen roll.
- Place the bread in a shallow bowl and pour over enough milk to cover.
- Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 180C/Gas 4.
- Heat olive oil in an ovenproof pan over a medium heat, add onions and garlic and sauté for 5 mins.
- Add the courgettes and sauté for a further 5 mins or until golden.
- Add most of the mint and parsley leaves (reserving some for garnish), turn off heat and leave to cool.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk eggs, salt, red pepper flakes and baking powder.
- Take the bread, squeeze with your hands to drain any excess milk, break apart and add to the eggs.
- Stir into the courgette and onion mix.
- Add a little more oil to the pan if needed, transfer the egg mixture to it and bake for 15-20 mins or until cooked through.
- Serve garnished with mint leaves and lemon on the side.