- 250g okra
- oil for frying
- 60g gram flour
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp red chilli powder
- 4 tsp chaat masala
- 1 lime, juice
- micro basil leaves, to garnish
- red chillies, to garnish
- Wash okra and dry thoroughly.
- Remove the stem of each okra and slice thinly lengthwise.
- Put in a large bowl and sprinkle over all the dry ingredients, except the salt.
- When you’re ready to cook, season with salt just before frying (you leave it until the last minute or the okra will release water and go soggy).
- Add 2-3 tbsp oil to a deep skillet and heat over a medium heat.
- Add the okra, cook for 3 mins until crisp and golden, garnish and serve.