Lemon Posset with shortbread
Author: Aimee Ryan for Wallflower Kitchen
- For the shortbread biscuits:
- 200g dairy-free butter
- 125g icing sugar
- 310g plain flour
- 1 tbsp cornflour mixed with 2 tbsp cold water
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp dairy-free milk, if needed
- For the posset:
- 600g silken tofu
- zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 120ml agave nectar
- 4 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- a few fresh raspberries, to serve
- 1 tbsp icing sugar, to serve
- For the shortbread biscuits: Preheat your oven to 180C/Gas 4 and line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Mix the dairy-free butter and icing sugar together in a large bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, except the dairy-free milk.
- If the mixture is too stiff, add the dairy-free milk to help thin it out until you have a soft but firm mixture.
- Transfer to a piping bag with a large star nozzle.
- Pipe the mixture into small circular spirals, starting from the outside, working your way in.
- Bake for approx 12-15 mins until lightly golden.
- Leave to cool completely.
- For the lemon posset: Blend all the ingredients except the raspberries and icing sugar in a food processor until smooth.
- Divide equally between glasses and chill for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- To serve, top with fresh raspberries, a sprinkling of icing sugar and 2 shortbread biscuits.