Indian egg curry
- 8 eggs
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (or sunflower oil)
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 200g shallots, chopped
- 5 green chillies, finely chopped
- 5 medium tomatoes, chopped
- ½ tbsp garlic paste
- ½ tbsp ginger paste
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- 3 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp red chilli powder
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- water as required
- fresh coriander to garnish
- Boil the eggs for 8 mins, drain and set aside in cold water to cool.
- Heat oil in a pan over a medium heat.
- Add cumin seeds.
- Once they start to splutter, add fennel seeds and shallots and sauté for 1-2 mins.
- Add green chillies, chopped tomatoes, ginger paste and garlic paste.
- Sauté for 2-3 mins.
- Add turmeric, ground coriander and red chilli powder, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Add enough water to create a soupy consistency and bring to a boil.
- Simmer over a low heat for 10 mins.
- Turn off the heat, add the eggs, cover and leave for mins. Garnish with fresh coriander and serve with chapati or rice.
- *For vegans, replace eggs with chunks of firm tofu.