Okroshak (Cold Russian soup)
- 250g ham, diced
- 3 medium waxy potatoes, cooked, peeled and diced
- 1 cucumber, finely diced
- 3 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- 80g spring onions, chopped
- 80g radishes, finely chopped
- 2 litres cold water
- 80ml soured cream
- 2½ tbsp vinegar
- 2½ tsp salt
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, cut into quarters
- freshly ground black pepper
- Place the ham, potatoes, cucumber, dill, spring onions and radishes in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk together 1 litre cold water with the soured cream, vinegar and salt, adding more water until you have a milky consistency.
- Add to the dry ingredients, stir to combine and season with pepper and more salt if necessary.
- Serve in bowls with egg quarters and garnished with more dill.