Creamy coconut rice pudding
- 100g pudding rice (or arboria rice)
- 400ml tin coconut milk
- 600ml coconut milk (in a carton)
- pinch of salt
- 75g caster sugar
- 1 tbsp butter
- To finish:
- frozen blackberries
- shaved coconut
- Butter a medium pudding dish.
- Empty both coconut milks into a large jug and stir to combine thoroughly.
- Put the rice in a saucepan and pour over the milk.
- Leave to stand for 30 mins.
- Preheat oven to 150C/Gas 2.
- Stir salt and sugar into the milk and rice, sprinkle with flakes of butter.
- Bake for 2–21/2 hours or until thick and creamy and browned on top.
- Serve sprinkled with mixed berries (frozen blackberries look beautiful and thaw in the hot pudding), a little honey and some shaved coconut.