Bengali chicken curry
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 large onions, diced
- 1 tbsp garlic and ginger paste
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast fillets in bite-size pieces
- 8 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- holy basil leaves, to garnish
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat.
- Add onions and cook, stirring occasionally, for approx 5 mins until translucent.
- Add garlic and ginger paste and cook for 5 mins.
- Reduce heat, add tomatoes and cook for 5-10 mins.
- Add spices and cook for 5 mins.
- Add the chicken, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 mins.
- Add coriander, simmer for another 10 mins
- Serve garnished with holy basil.