BBQ fillet of hake with roast veg, potatoes and pea dressing
- 200g beetroot, peeled and quartered
- 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 8 shallots, peeled and cut in half lengthways
- 2 tbsp runny honey
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 4 x 200g fillets of hake, skin left on
- and boned
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 clove garlic, chopped finely
- Pea dressing:
- 200g fresh peas, podded and blanched
- 4 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 300ml olive oil
- few leaves fresh spinach
- pinch sugar
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- To serve:
- 10 new potatoes, boiled until tender, cooled then sliced in half and griddled on the barbecue
- Take 2 sheets of tin foil approx A4 in size.
- On one sheet, place the beetroot, thyme and 2 tbsp olive oil. On the other, place the shallots, 1 tbsp olive oil, the honey and garlic. Pinch to form parcels.
- Take another piece of slightly bigger foil, add 1 tbsp olive oil and place the hake on top.
- Top with lemon zest and juice and a scattering of garlic. Pinch to form a parcel.
- For the pea dressing, blend the peas in a food blender with the vinegar, oil, spinach, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Place the parcel of beetroot and the shallot parcel on the barbecue and leave for 30 mins.
- Remove and set aside and place the hake parcel on the barbecue for 6 mins.
- Serve the griddled potatoes, beetroot and shallots onto your guests’ plates, spoon around the pea dressing and place the fish on top, pouring over some cooking juices.