Serves: 12-14 pies
- 150g dark chocolate
- 100g salted butter
- 25g cocoa powder
- 125g self-raising flour
- 100g light muscovado sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp Camp coffee
- For the filling:
- 60g unsalted butter at room temperature
- 120g sifted icing sugar
- 40g full fat cream cheese at room temp
- 2 tsp Camp coffee
- Preheat oven to 180C/Gas 4 and line two large baking trays with baking parchment.
- Place a pan of water on the hob and bring to a gentle boil. Place the chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl and place on top of the pan, taking care that it doesn’t touch the water. Stir through until the chocolate and butter is melted then remove and set aside to cool.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour and cocoa powder together.
- Whisk the eggs and muscovado sugar for 1-2 mins on high with an electric whisk until thickened, pale, and a ribbon trail appears in the mix when the whisk is lifted out.
- Add the chocolate and butter and mix for 1 min on high. Add the coffee and whisk again to mix through.
- Using a metal spoon, gently fold in the flour mix.
- Using two spoons or an ice cream scoop, place dollops of batter on the lined trays with space in between for spreading. Bake for 8-9 mins until just baked (they should remain a little fudge-like, soft and squidgy as they will set as they cool and you want them to remain fudgey).
- Leave to cool on the tray.
- For the filling: Beat the butter until smooth and creamy, add the icing sugar and beat until pale and fluffy. Gently beat in the cream cheese and coffee and mix until combined. Use a piping bag or spoon the filling onto half the upturned soft cookies and sandwich with a second half. Serve.