White chocolate, lemon and raspberry cake
Author: Helen Doyle
- For the Victoria sponge:
- 225g unsalted butter
- 225g caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 225g self raising flour
- milk to loosen
- For white chocolate mousse:
- 3 leaves bronze gelatine
- 250g white chocolate
- 188g milk
- 375g UHT whipping cream
- For the lemon curd cream:
- 125g double cream
- 63g lemon curd
- To serve:
- raspberry jam
- fresh raspberries
- For the Victoria sponge, preheat oven to 180C/Gas 4.
- Grease and line an oven tray with greaseproof paper (mixture will give you 2 trays at 425g per tray).
- Cream butter and sugar until white and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs gradually.
- Sieve flour and fold in.
- Add a little milk if necessary to create a dropping consistency.
- Pour mixture into tray and level.
- Bake 15 mins until golden.
- Leave to cool and remove from tray.
- For the chocolate mousse: Soak gelatine in cold water 5-10 mins.
- Melt chocolate in a microwave.
- In a pan, bring milk to a boil.
- Add gelatine (drain and squeeze out excess water) to milk and pour over melted chocolate at intervals until elastic, smooth and glossy.
- When mixture reduces to 35C/40C, add whipped cream.
- For the lemon curd cream, whip together double cream and lemon curd until it reaches a smooth piping consistency.
- To serve, spread raspberry jam thinly over the sponge.
- Pour chocolate mousse on top, level and refrigerate 2 hours.
- Divide the sponge into 6x3cm sections.
- Pipe the lemon curd onto the chocolate mousse.
- Decorate with white chocolate shards and raspberries.