Vegetable and paneer soup
- 1 tbsp olive oil + 2 tbsp
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 litre vegetable stock + more for thinning down (if necessary)
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 parsnips, chopped
- 100g frozen peas, thawed
- salt and ground black pepper
- 200g paneer, cut into chunks
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp paprika
- Heat butter and 1 tbsp oil in a large heavy-bottomed pan over a low heat, add onions and sauté for 10 mins or until softened.
- Add potato and 2 ladlefuls hot stock, cover and leave over a low heat for 5 mins.
- Add the rest of the stock, carrots and parsnips, season, bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer.
- Cover and leave for about 35 mins until vegetables are tender.
- Take off the heat and blitz to a smooth consistency with a stick blender, adding more hot stock if it needs thinning down.
- Add the peas, retaining a few to garnish, cover and leave over a low heat for 5 mins.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix 1 tbsp olive oil, turmeric, coriander, cumin and paprika.
- Brush this over the paneer or rub it in with your hands.
- Heat a pan with 1 tbsp olive oil over a medium heat, add paneer and cook for 2-3 mins until lightly golden.
- To serve, warm the remaining peas, add soup to bowls, add a few chunks of paneer to each, sprinkle over peas and serve.