Author: Jane Pikett
- 100g bulgur wheat
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- pinch salt
- 2 tbsp flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp mint leaves, chopped
- 1 lemon, juice
- 60ml olive oil
- 2 ripe tomatoes, diced
- To make this typically Middle Eastern dish, place the bulgur in a bowl, stir in about 125ml cold water, cover and refrigerate overnight to absorb the water.
- Drain bulgur through a fine sieve to remove any remaining water, place in a bowl and add everything but the tomatoes.
- Leave in the fridge for at least a couple of hours before serving, adding the tomatoes just before you eat.