Seedy quinoa and cacao slices
Author: Ella Woodward for www.sevenhillswholefoods.com
- for the base
- 200g hazelnuts
- 8 Medjool dates
- 3 tbsp almond butter
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 3 tbsp raw coconut oil*
- 25g puffed quinoa
- 80g golden flax seeds
- 50g sesame seeds
- 60g goji berries*
- 150g chopped dried apricots
- for the cacao topping
- 3 tbsp raw cacao powder*
- 100g cacao butter*
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp raw chia seeds*
- 1 tbsp goji berries*
- *From www.sevenhillswholefoods.com
- Pre-heat oven to 180C/Gas4 and roast hazelnuts for 10 mins, then leave to cool.
- Start by pitting the dates and add to the food processor with the almond butter, tahini and coconut oil.
- Blend for about 5 mins, until a smooth paste forms, then add the mixture to a large mixing bowl.
- Stir the quinoa puffs, flax seeds, sesame seeds, goji berries and apricots into the date paste and mix until combined.
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper and press the mixture into the baking tray, making sure it is even and quite firmly packed.
- Place in the fridge to set.
- For the cacao layer, place the cacao powder, cacao butter and maple syrup in a pan and heat really gently until the three have melted together, don’t boil though.
- Remove the base layer from the fridge and pour the cacao over the top.
- Sprinkle with chia seeds and goji berries then return to the fridge for another hour and a half to set.