Salted caramel tart
Author: Michelle Cowan and the Blagdon Bakehouse team at Blagdon Farm Shop
- 300g digestive biscuits
- 150g unsalted butter
- 250g jar caramel (or homemade)
- pinch sea salt
- 300ml double cream
- 125g dark chocolate, chopped
- 125g milk chocolate
- 50g unsalted butter
- 20g white chocolate
- Place the biscuits in the bowl of a food processor and blitz to a crumb. Add the melted butter and mix to combine.
- Press the biscuit mix into the sides and base of a 23cm flan tin, ensuring you have a thick enough layer to remain stable. Refrigerate for 30 mins.
- Spread the caramel sauce onto the biscuit base and sprinkle over a pinch of sea salt.
- Place cream in a saucepan over a low heat until just boiling. Place the dark and milk chocolates in a bowl, add the butter, pour over the hot cream and whisk until smooth.
- Pour this mixture over the caramel sauce. Melt the white chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water and drizzle over the top of the chocolate.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.