Roast aubergine with lemony kale and pine nuts
- 2 large or 4 small aubergines
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- salt and ground black pepper
- 350g fresh kale, stems removed, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 125g pine nuts
- Preheat oven to 220C/Gas 7.
- Cut aubergines in half lengthwise and lay skin side down on a greased baking tray.
- Cut slits in the flesh and tuck garlic pieces inside.
- Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 30 mins, basting with more oil half way through.
- For the topping, toast the pine nuts in a pan over a low heat until golden – approx. 5 mins.
- Heat olive oil in a wok over a medium heat, add the kale and toss for 3 mins.
- Add lemon juice and toss until softened but still vibrant – approx. another 3 mins.
- Serve over the aubergines.