Author: Michelle Cowan and the Blagdon Bakehouse team at Blagdon Farm Shop
- 4 sticks rhubarb, chopped into small chunks
- 2-3 tbsp sugar
- 200g digestive biscuits
- 200g ginger nut biscuits
- 225g butter
- 700g cream cheese
- 500ml double cream
- 140g caster sugar
- 1 heaped tbsp powdered gelatine (optional)
- 2 tbsp rhubarb curd to drizzle over
- Grease and line a 25cm cake tin with three layers of clingfilm.
- Place butter in a saucepan over a low heat and melt. Place biscuit crumbs in a mixing bowl, pour butter over and mix well. Place in the tin and flatten down to make a base.
- Place rhubarb and 2 tbsp sugar in a pan and cook over a medium heat until tender. Taste and add more sugar if required.
- Place cream cheese, double cream and caster sugar in a mixing bowl and add 2 dessert spoonfuls of the rhubarb. If using gelatine, dissolve it in a small amount of water (as per pack instructions) and add to the bowl. Blend until smooth and fairly thick.
- Stir through more of the rhubarb, reserving enough to garnish, and spread filling evenly over the biscuit base.
- Drizzle some rhubarb curd on top and decorate with rhubarb pieces around the edge.
- Refrigerate overnight.