No-guilt asparagus guacamole
- 16-20 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- 6 ripe cherry tomatoes
- ½ red onion
- 1 fresh red chili, de-seeded (optional)
- handful coriander leaves
- 2 garlic cloves
- juice of ½ lime
- ½ tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and black pepper
- Yes, avocado is good for you, but it also has about 12 times the fat content of good old skinny asparagus, so try this take on the Mexican favourite…
- Bring a pan of water to the boil, turn down to a simmer and throw in the trimmed asparagus for 5 mins or until tender (not mushy). Drain immediately and run under cold water to stop it cooking, chop finely and set aside.
- If you like a smooth guacamole, now just blitz it all in a food processor. Alternatively, if you prefer a bit of texture, chop the dry ingredients into very small dice in a bowl, then add the lime juice and oil and combine. Either way, before serving, adjust the seasoning and add more lime juice/oil if you wish, and serve with a sprinkling of coriander leaves over the top.