Moroccan-spiced roast vegetables
- 350g cauliflower
- 3 carrots, peeled
- 3 baby courgettes
- 2 leeks
- For the spice mix
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp coarse ground pepper
- 20g fresh mint, roughly chopped
- 20g pack fresh coriander, chopped
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- finely grated zest and juice of 2 lemons
- For the watercress salad
- 85g bag watercress
- ½ red onion, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp salt
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- To serve
- 200g tub Greek yoghurt
- Preheat the oven to 200C, Gas6.
- Break the cauliflower into florets. Halve the carrots and courgettes lengthwise and cut each half lengthwise into 5 or 6. Cut the leeks in half lengthwise, wash well and cut each half diagonally into 10.
- For the spice mix, dry roast the cumin and coriander seeds in a small frying pan for 2-3 mins, shaking the pan occasionally, until they begin to pop. Remove from the heat and tip into a food processor with the paprika and pepper, half the mint, half the coriander, the olive oil, lemon zest and half the lemon juice, and blend.
- Place the vegetables in a large, shallow roasting tin and spoon over the spice mix, ensuring all the vegetables are well coated. Pour 1cm water into the base of the tin. Cover tightly with foil and roast for 30 mins. Remove foil and cook for a further 30-45 mins until the vegetables are tender.
- For the watercress salad, place the red onion in a small bowl, sprinkle with salt and add enough water to just cover the onion. Set aside for 30 mins. Drain the onion and rinse under cold running water, then put into a bowl with the chickpeas and the remaining lemon juice and remaining herbs, the watercress and seasoning. Mix well.
- To serve, divide the vegetables between serving plates and top with the watercress salad. Serve with a spoonful of Greek yoghurt and garnish with watercress.
- Fat: 8g Saturated Fat: 1g Carbohydrate: 16g Protein: 7g Fibre: 5g Salt: 0.46g (N.B. nutrition analysis does not include yogurt to serve)