Honey roast parsnips & parsnip purée
Author: Paul Johnson
- 4 large parsnips, peeled, halved and cored
- 1 parsnip, peeled and diced
- 100g butter
- 50g double cream
- 25g sesame seeds, toasted
- 50ml honey
- Blanch the half parsnips for 4 mins in boiling salted water.
- Roast in a tray with half the butter and the honey until golden brown.
- Cover with the sesame seeds.
- To make the purée, simmer the diced parsnip, butter and cream until soft.
- Blitz in a food processer until smooth and season well.
- Serve alongside the parsnips sprinkled with sesame seeds.