Honey and Lemon Bars
Author: Ella Woodward for www.sevenhillswholefoods.com
- 1 tbsp raw coconut oil*
- 2 tbsp raw runny honey
- juice of ½ a lemon
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 6 medjool dates
- 110g oats
- 2 tbsp raw chia seeds*
- 2 tbsp bee pollen*
- zest of ½ lemon
- pinch salt
- 70g cashews
- *From www.sevenhillswholefoods.com
- Melt the coconut oil, honey, lemon juice and almond butter in a pan over a gentle heat.
- Pit the dates and blend in a food processor until a sticky paste forms.
- Put oats, chia seeds, bee pollen, lemon zest and salt in a large bowl and mix before adding the date paste from the food processor.
- Add the cashews to the food processor and pulse until roughly chopped, then add to the rest of the ingredients in the bowl.
- When the dry ingredients and date puree are totally mixed, pour over the melted coconut oil, almond butter, lemon juice, honey and stir until the mixture is covered.
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper, spoon in the mixture and press down evenly.
- Place in the fridge for about 2 hours to set.
- Cut into squares or slices before serving.