Chocolate fridge slice
- 250g Digestive biscuits
- 150g chopped raisins or: chopped almonds, honeycomb bits, meringue bits, crushed Maltesers
- 300g 70% cocoa dark chocolate + 200g
- 100g unsalted butter
- 150g golden syrup
- Line a square 20cm shallow tin with clingfilm, leaving plenty of excess over the sides to assist with removal later.
- Put the biscuits in a plastic bag and bash into bits with a rolling pin.
- Melt chocolate, golden syrup and butter in a mixing bowl over a pan of simmering water.
- Stir in the biscuits and the raisins or one of the suggested fillings above.
- Spoon mixture into the tin and spread out until level.
- Set aside to cool and then put in the fridge to set for 1-2 hours.
- Break 200g dark chocolate into a bowl and set over a pan of gently simmering water to melt.
- Pour over the set chocolate slice and spread thinly and evenly, or drip over in a pattern.
- Return to the fridge until set.
- Lift clinfilm to help you remove it from the tin, slice, wrap in cellophane and tie with ribbon for a pretty gift.